Kicking this week off with some happy puppy pictures, and I'm sharing some things that we love for our pups. Bailey and Rosie are not actually puppies, but Rosie still acts like one. In my Bailey and Rosie Intro, I explained that the vet told us that Rosie would grow up by the time she's 6 or 7 years old. She's currently 3, so we still have a while left in the puppy-acting phase. Bailey is 6, and she has been acting like a mature little adult since I met her when she was 1.
Anyway, I wanted to share some things that these girls love today. All dogs are obviously different, so what works for Bailey and Rosie may not work for your sweet pup, but I bet some of the items on this list will! Anytime you see words in Italics, you can click on them to be taken directly to the site.
1. Good 'n' Fun Dog Treats- I have linked the kabobs, but Bailey and Rosie love all of the different treats this brand offers. They love the wings, ribs, and twists as well. When I was growing up, we gave our dog Lucy Beggin' Strips and Pup-Peronis. We didn't really know to look at the ingredients in what we were giving Lucy. Parker always does though. I'm not saying the ingredients in these are perfect, but they are better than others.
2. Harnesses- I think I am more of a fan of these than Bailey and Rosie, but they don't mind them. When I take them on walks, they get so excited and pull me the majority of the time. Before they had harnesses, I was scared they would pull too hard and their collars would break their windpipes. I feel like they are much safer when wearing their harnesses on walks. They can run as fast as they want, and if they get to the end of their leashes, they will not be choked by their collars.
3. Pet Stairs- If you don't allow your dogs on the furniture, skip this one. Bailey and Rosie believe they are humans and think they belong on furniture. Rosie can jump up on the bed by herself, but Bailey cannot. We bought these stairs, and Bailey can fly up them and get onto the bed all by herself now! I actually ordered ours off of Ruelala, but Bed Bath & Beyond has a really similar option (and you can find a 20% off coupon to use there).
4. Bullibones- So Rosie is three. Her teeth should have all come in by now, right?? My mom finds it so hilarious that Rosie is missing her teeth on both sides of her mouth. She has front teeth and she has back teeth. She is missing the teeth on either side of her mouth. I asked the vet about it, and he said he had never seen this before? Rosie is one in a million. All this to say, we think she is still teething. Mostly kidding, but sort of not. We have about 6 of these bullibones, and you can find Rosie with one in her mouth for about 70%+ of the day. The best part is that if they are ingested, it's ok and will not hurt your pup. Rosie's been chewing on them for over a year, and she is still loving them. Bailey even chews them for fun, and she's not usually much of a toy or bone lover.
5. Squeaky Toys- Like I said above, Bailey is not much of a toy lover. Rosie, on the other hand, runs around the house squeaking her toys several times a day. Every morning, when I get up, she grabs a squeak squeak, as we call them, and runs around so happy to start a new day!
6. Pillows, Blankets, Dog Beds, and Furniture- Bailey and Rosie are not picky when it comes to specific types of pillows, blankets, dog beds, or furniture. However, when they have access to them, they will most definitely choose to cuddle up with or on them.
We clearly love our pups too much. Dogs just simply bring so much joy, laughter, and love to the world! Do you have a dog that has a favorite item that Bailey and Rosie need? I hope these puppies brought some happiness to your Monday! Thanks so much for reading!