This past weekend was a celebratory one. My sister and her boyfriend of 10 years got engaged! And I attended my 10 year high school reunion. So today I'm sharing 10 takeaways from my 10 year reunion!
1. I am so grateful my parents invested in my education. When you are in the middle of your school years, you get too wrapped up in your school work, friendships, sports, and all sorts of other things to even think about thanking your parents endlessly for working so hard to send you to an amazing school. So Mom and Dad, I realize I'm a little late with this, but THANK YOU for sending me to a school where I was able to get a fantastic education.
2. I may not talk to my friends from high school every single day or see them too many times a year, but that doesn't mean they are not my lifelong friends. We so easily pick up right where we left off every single time we get to see each other.
3. When people say time flies, they aren't kidding. How it has been 10 years since I graduated from high school blows my mind. I can't believe I'm now 28 and married. I feel like it was just yesterday we were standing behind the Seniors sign at the pep rally getting ready to run out and feeling like we were such a big deal because we were the oldest in the school. Makes me want to slow down and make sure I'm appreciating each stage of life. Also, if you want a link for the Minnie Mouse outfit below, message me. #kidding #homemade #fashion
4. Because my degrees are in teaching, I can speak to how much a simple thank you from a student and/or parent means. If there is a teacher you love (or your child loves), tell her how much you appreciate her! Teachers work harder than you will ever know.
5. Team sports are so good for you when you are growing up. You learn a whole lot more than just the sport itself. Especially when you have a coach like this precious lady.
6. Pictures are everything! I wish I had a scrapbook for every year of my life. But I am so grateful to have this blog now to document wonderful memories, like our reunion weekend.
7. So many people in our class are genuinely kind people. Someone I had not spoken to in 10 years reached out to give me a hug and say hello when I was passing by. If you are in our class, you could probably guess I'm talking about Jory! I strive to be a person as thoughtful and kind as Jory!
8. We could not name more than 2 high school couples that stayed together. I don't know exactly what this means, but I found it interesting.
9. Listening to the many accomplishments my classmates have achieved at the Athletic Hall of Fame banquet was astounding. For example, one fellow classmate below is currently a professional MMA fighter ranked #18 lightweight in North America. Umm, whoa! I am beyond honored and thankful to be a part of this group.
10. We may be 10 years older, but the SPS class of 2007 is still as fun and full of spirit as we were 10 years ago. Already counting down until the next reunion! Let's go Mobile!!!
Thanks so much to Graysi, Paige, and everyone who made our reunion such a fabulous event! Also, thanks so much for reading today's post! Have a great day!